Thursday, December 3, 2009

Grilled Sandwich a la Paula Deen

I was watching Paula Deen make a grilled cheese sandwich. Paula was out of butter. I know it’s hard to believe Paula Deen would ever run out of butter. But according to her, she was out of butter. However, this little fact did not stop her from making a grilled cheese sandwich. She simply switched the butter to mayonnaise. I was shocked AND eager to see if it really worked. One day I was out of ideas for lunch and decided to make grilled cheese the way Paula did. I spread my mayonnaise on the outside, added the cheese, and heated up the pan. I must tell you it worked! I ended up with a nicely crisp sandwich and melted cheese. Now, I don’t think it was quite as flavorful as butter would have been. Mayonnaise may never replace butter, but in a pinch, I say try it. Be warned, mayonnaise contains a lot of fat. If you try this with a reduced or nonfat product, it may not work.

1 comment:

  1. visit every day a few web pages and blogs to read articles
    or reviews, except this web site provides feature based
    articles.Thank you and good luck.
    rs gold
    WOW Gold Kaufen
    buy aion gold

    ReplyDelete