This last post is for browned then braised cauliflower. I found the recipe quite intriguing. I had never browned and then braised anything.
It's the holiday season and you don't have a lot of time for extra reading, so I'll get to the recipe.
Browned then Braised Cauliflower
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 head cauliflower, about 2 pounds
3 garlic cloves, minced
⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1. Separate flowerets from the head. Cut larger pieces into quarters. You should have about 6 cups.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until flowerets are golden brown, about 7 to 9 minutes.
3. Clear the center of the skillet. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 30 seconds, until the garlic becomes fragrant. Stir into the cauliflower.
4. Add chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until cauliflower is crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Uncover and cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
5. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Source: The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook
Enjoy and Have a Great Holiday Season!