Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sweet Potatoes - Again

If you are even an occasional reader of this blog, you know I love sweet potatoes. I remember my mother baking them whole and we just ate them that way, no butter. I know it's hard to believe I would pass on butter.

Growing up, my father told stories of George Washington Carver and sweet potatoes. I also worked at Tuskegee University - on - you guessed it, sweet potatoes. So,you know sweet potatoes are near and dear to my heart.

In preparation for the fall brochure for local foods, my students made sweet potato pudding. I really did not think too much about it until - I ate it. It was delicious. So this is the recipe for sweet potato
pudding.


 
 

Sweet Potato Pudding

Serves 8.
 
Ingredients:
 
4 cups of cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup coconut milk
1 Tablespoon lime juice, preferably fresh
Grated zest of one lime
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup raisins
 
Directions:
 
1.  Bake or boil enough sweet potatoes to make 4 cups, mashed.
 
2. Add sugar and eggs to mashed sweet potatoes. Stir until thoroughly combined.
 
3.  Add butter, coconut milk, lime juice, zest, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Stir in raisins.
 
4. Butter a 9-inch square pan. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes. 


8 comments:

  1. I love Potato and I love your recipe. Thanks for sharing! private chef in austin texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. But your items or alternatives should be packed in such way and ideal technique as it will not anyhow get scratched or damage. The process you should know for overall look the sun and rain of appropriate way.
    Packers and Movers Bangalore
    Packers and Movers Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.google.com.ar/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiG4uPwtanPAhUDDZAKHZwhA74QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.noticias.com%2Fentretenimiento%2Flos-15-mejores-memes-de-a-veces-quisiera.html&bvm=bv.133700528,d.Y2I&psig=AFQjCNEp3w5pSWS8Wp7QyBz6E13XiXwR9A&ust=1474855094318473

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have performed a great job.I used to be looking for this certain info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed browsing your blog
    posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! a tremendous article dude. Thank you Nevertheless I’m experiencing subject with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting an identical rss downside? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217023425356030&set=a.1491498965650&type=3&eid=ARBJMgMCvwYLAjeKgUMU7IEsKcSGR1PFlcRcBzD6kZWs-B07RHOXkMwuBmzenuVjPXi-og_U1lB2LIHt

    ReplyDelete
  8. No importa cuando leas esto

    ReplyDelete